Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Salad Dressing




I had several requests for the three salad dressings that I made for Sunday's potluck. I told everyone at the meetup what I put into each one, but I've had several more people to ask that didn't make the potluck so I decided that I would just blog about it and that way everyone would have the recipes. I am terrible about not writing down recipes so this is a great opportunity to just get it done. Most of my recipes are pretty much made up on the spot. All 3 of these recipes probably have origins somewhere from one of my recipe books, but I tend to remember what I like and just throw something together and then taste it until I get it just right.

Mango Vinegarette:
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 mangoes
- 1/4 cup Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBS agave nectar or honey

Curry:
- 1 roma tomato
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 TBS curry
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tsp lemon juice

Sweet Black Sesame:
- 1/4 c black tahini or just black sesame seeds
- 1/4 c agave nectar
- 2TBS chickpea miso
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
Blend in a high speed blender if you use the sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers