Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Who says raw snacks can't be easy and fun?




I was in the mood for a little snack, but really didn't want to take the time to whip up anything too fancy like a cake or pie. I needed something NOW. So I made this plate of goodies to share. Very quick & easy. Most importantly, it was delicious!

First I made the banana sandwich cookies which are nothing but banana slices with raw almond butter sandwiched between the slices. That's easy enough and always a crowd pleaser.

Next I got creative with some leftovers and made pear "fries" and Strawberry Raspberry "Ketchup". To make the "ketchup" I blended one large handful of strawberries, about 1/3 cup raspberries, 1/3 cup young coconut meat, 4 brazil nuts and a squirt of agave nectar. It was delicious, but I imagine that you could get creative & make any kind of fruity sauce using some red berries and it would be wonderful. I was just using up leftovers and had no idea that it would turn out so delicious. Asian pear slices were used for the "fries."

I must warn you that this is a great snack and I have had to make it repeatedly upon request for several days now.

2 comments:

  1. Right on! I am going to make the sandwiches once I finish all the stuff I have made in the fridge. This such a simple and great idea. Many kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dc make open-faced banana sandwiches with almond butter and coconut sprinkled on top.

    Plate is empty in about 2 seconds, everytime!

    ReplyDelete

Followers