Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pomegranate Cranberry Salad & Pumpkin Pie




I thought I'd share a few of the Thanksgiving goodies that I whipped up this year. Actually, these were my favorite two, the absolute best being the raw pumpkin pie! I can not stress enough how wonderful this pie really is. It is the best pumpkin pie recipe I've ever had. Better than anything I ever ate cooked and I only wish I could take credit for the recipe. However, I can't, but I can give a darn good review and if you want to try it out, I can tell you where the recipe is! (I never publish recipes that are not my own out of respect for the creator - just my little quirk.) This pie is so creamy and so fulfilling that you will never, and I mean NEVER want to use another recipe for punmpkin pie again. It is perfect to prepare for your non-raw friends. Trust me, they will never know the difference. I've done it many times. It's simply amazing. For more information on this recipe contact the creator, Jackie Graff or Gideon Graff at http://www.sproutrawfood.org/. I am not sure which of their recipe books this creation will be found in, but trust me you will love it!





I've never been a big fan of cranberry anything when it comes to the seasonal salads. Especially not the canned jellied stuff. I remember that I always passed it up as a child. This year I decided to tackle the cranberry salad for myself and put my own spin on it. It turned out much better than I expected. In fact, I loved it and wanted to share the recipe.

Pomegranate Cranberry Salad
- 1 & a half cups of fresh chopped cranberries
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange peeled & chopped
- 6 apricots chopped
- agave or honey to taste


Very simple with layers of flavor. I used a local raw honey that trully made this dish. The tartness of the cranberries marries well with the pomegranate, but the true rockstar of this dish was the apricots. I added them on a whim and I'm so glad I did.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers