Monday, February 15, 2010


After months of watching videos and reading up on spring water,I finally had the opportunity to gather fresh spring water this past weekend! I found this spring located on findaspring.com. I was so excited to be in the area that I had to go at the first opportunity.

It seems that there was quite a following for Mt. Vernon Springs in the days before the Great Depression. At one point this healing spring hosted a hotel for individuals to come and use the spring waters for health benefits. I plan on doing further research on this spring and will be adding my findings here as soon as I can.

I found the spring to be very well maintained and easy to locate and the water was fantastic. I became obsessed at soon as I tasted it and believe it to be well worth the journey. There were papers posted with the findings of recent testing on that spring waters that deemed them as safe drinking waters so I did not worry about testing them myself as I have met other individuals that have gathered here previously. Also, I found out that many locals also regularly consume from this spring as well.



Health and Beauty are regular hot spots for avid spring water drinkers. Delicious!


This is a flyer posted from the old hotel. There is a bit of a glare, but you can still read it. I found this to be so fascinating!



This is the bridge that joined the hotel and the springs. It is the only thing remaining other than the springs themselves, which are in a shelter and have a couple of picnic tables close by.

More information on Mt Vernon Springs can be found at: http://www.fomvs.org/

I realize now that gathering spring water has become a new obsession for me. I spent the rest of the weekend researching more springs that I plan on visiting and sharing information about. It seems that my hometown is very close to several spings. A few of them were well known for their medicinal and healing waters and even shipped out bottled spring water from the springs back in their thriving days. The Great Depression really took its toll on these health destinations and now they are not very well known anymore. Hotels closed, burned down, etc. It seems that to only a few, all this information was lost. I seek to change that and I would like to thank Daniel Vitalis for his endless research and education on locating springs and the benefits of drinking pure water. Spending time with these glorious waters resonates deep within me and I know that I will be doing this for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers