Monday, November 16, 2009

Thai themed dinner!





I had such fun preparing this Thai themed dinner for friends in October that I've just been waiting for a chance to share it. The recipe in the big bowl is Thai Curry Vegetable with Coconut Rice and it was fantastic! The picture does not do it justice as this is such a visually colorful dish. I prepared this for non-raw foodies and they loved it. I got the recipe from the Nuts about Coconuts video from Jackie and Gideon Graff http://www.sproutrawfood.org/ Every recipe that I have prepared from this video iw delicious and I highly recommend it. Tell them that Barefoot sent ya!



The curry flax crackers are my own recipe. I make tons of these. So portable and great with avocados for a quick meal or snack when traveling. Also I found some raw farmers cheese during an excursion to a winery that I topped with basil for my dairy eating friends. We had olives and fermented garlic (looking for that recipe) and grapes to compliment this meal. It was so filling that I had half of the Thai Curry Vegetables and Coconut Rice left over.



Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the amazing dessert that I prepared. So you will have to take my word that it was just so unbelievable and probably the very best raw dessert I have ever prepared. The recipe? From the Nuts about Coconuts video that I mentioned earlier. It was the Carob Mousse Cake. Hands down, best raw dessert ever. Your non-raw friends and family will never believe it. I topped it off with one last recipe from the same video, which was the Coconut Cream. This recipe deserves another post all it's own. It is so wonderful and I have used it for some many other things and have even been inspired to create my own version of this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers